This post is a gateway to everything John Harvey:
- [GO] All Activist #MMT interviews with him
- [GO] Learn all about the reality of exchange rate determination, featuring John’s work.
- [GO] The full audio of every Cowboy Economist video
- [GO] The full audio of John reading his 2021 book, Contending Perspectives in Economics: A Guide to Contemporary Schools of Thought
[GO BACK TO THE TABLE OF CONTENTS]
These resources were created by Activist #MMT, the podcast (Twitter, Facebook, web, please consider becoming a monthly patron). This post was last updated December 3, 2022.
[top] Every Activist #MMT episode with John Harvey
(Here’s every episode of John on MMT Podcast and on Macro N Cheese.)
- Episode 44 [1/3]: John Harvey on John Harvey, discrimination, and aliens
- Episodes 45 and 46 [2-3/3]: John Harvey on inflation: mainstream versus Post Keynesian (and the MMT job guarantee)
- Episode 72 [1/2]: John Harvey: The Battle of the Bulge (and the nitty gritty of Exchange Rate Determination)
- Episode 73 [2/2]: John Harvey: The nitty gritty of exchange Rate Determination
- Episode 125, 126, and 127 [1-3/6]: John Harvey: MMT, the UK, and pound sterling
- Episode 130, 131, and 132 [4-6/6]: John Harvey on exchange rates and neoclassicism [guest host: Johnathan Wilson]
[top] The full audio of every Cowboy Economist video
(Here’s the Cowboy Economist’s homepage and YouTube channel (and while we’re at it, John’s Twitter). Note: This list excludes episodes no longer relevant, such as those referring to the 2020 Democratic primaries.)
- Episode 1: How to tell if someone is a socialist!
- Episode 2: How the private sector finances its deficits.
- Episode 3: How the government finances its deficits.
- Episode 4. The Green New Deal: what is it and do we actually need it?
- Episode 5: Look out, Communism!!!
- Episode 6: How the American People (could not possibly have) Financed World War Two!
- Episode 7: Why Social Security can’t go bankrupt!
- Episode 8: Why we need a Federal Job Guarantee.
- Episode 11: Printing money does not cause inflation!
- Episode 12: What actually causes inflation part one
- Episode 13: What actually causes inflation part two
- Episode 15: Universal Healthcare
- Episode 17: M..m..m..my Corona!
- Episode 18: Paying COVID-19 to go away.
- Episode 19: A review of Dr. Stephanie Kelton’s The Deficit Myth
- Episode 19a: Review of John Harvey’s Contending Perspectives in Economics
- Episode 20: The Ballad of MMT
- Episode 21: Cousin John speaks to the Northeast Tarrant County Democrats about the Job Guarantee!
- Episode 22: Explaining Inflation
- Episode 23: Is we is or is we ain’t in a recession?
[top] The full audio of John reading his 2021 book, Contending Perspectives in Economics: A Guide to Contemporary Schools of Thought
You can purchase the book here
Here’s (currently released) every section/chapter:
- Chapter 0: Before we begin
- Chapter 1: Introduction
- Chapter 2: Economics as a scientific discipline