This post contains a list of every main episode of Activist #MMT, in chronological order. For all previews available exclusively to patrons, go here. All my episodes with the podcast Historic-ly can be found here. The Activist #MMT candidate interview series can be found here.
My goal for Activist #MMT, the podcast, is to balance academic concepts with personal stories, of how MMT changed average people and their thinking. When I interview academics, my very-first episode (or section) with them is generally their personal story. I also believe my interviews with activists give important perspective on how MMT is affecting and perceived by laypeople.
GO BACK TO ALL MMT RESOURCES
Disclaimer: I have studied MMT since February of 2018. I’m not an economist or academic and I don’t speak for the MMT project. The information in this post is my best understanding but in order to ensure accuracy, you should rely on the expert sources linked throughout. If you have feedback to improve this post, please get in touch.
All episodes of Activist #MMT, in chronological order
Note: Episodes with academics (whether MMT or otherwise) are marked with “[ACADEMIC]”. All others are episodes with laypeople (activists).
- [ACADEMIC] Ep 1: [1/2]: Sam Levey: MMT activism and considering a formal education.
- [ACADEMIC] Ep 2: [2/2]: Learning the basics with Sam Levey and “Modern Money & the War Treasury”
- Ep 3: [1/2]: Three activists driving up to #MMTConf19 (bonus: Christian Reilly’s intro-to-MMT song)
- Ep 4: [2/2]: Activists driving back home from #MMTConf19 (bonus: my intro-to-MMT song)
- Episodes five and six: Patricia Pino: MMT Podcast co-host and 6th-year MMT activist
- Ep 7: Chris Rini: “It’s all MMT”
- Episodes eight and nine: Christian Reilly: Permission marketing in comedy, music, and MMT.
- Ep 10: Tony Weston: Video games, the free market, and MMT
- Ep 11: Johnny Akzam: “Money is an arbitrary representation of value”
- [ACADEMIC] Episodes 12 and 13: Author Camille Walsh: Racial Taxation (taxpayers and taxeaters)
- Full audio: Geoff Ginter and two high schoolers confronting NJ-03 Republican Congressman
- All episodes with Dr. Joseph Firestone, including links to his books and work.
- Monetary Reform and Positive Money (and comparing them to MMT)
- Snippet: Graham Elwood: How the Fed helps create net financial assets in the real economy
- Snippet: Graham Elwood: How the Fed creates reserves for asset swaps in the banking reserve system
- Full post on part three with Graham (including video and transcript)
- Snippet: Joe Firestone: The legal questions surrounding the nature of the Federal Reserve
- Snippet: How Fred Lee’s History of Heterodox changed me and my podcast
- The full audio of every episode of John’s The Cowboy Economist.
- All episodes with L. Randall Wray, including links to his work.
- This episode was also released by Historic-ly in May 2021.
- Snippet from Ep78: Talking Killer Mike with Katrina Pilver